CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Summer Employment Opportunity
Position: Museum Education Officer
The Mission District Historical Society is seeking a Museum Education Officer for the Mission Museum. The Museum Coordinator will be responsible for conceptual program planning to engage a variety of audiences, in-person and virtually, including a children’s program series and an educational toolkit based on topics relevant to Mission’s history.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conceptualizing plans for a new children’s program series.
• Purchasing/creating program supplies in accordance with the programming budget.
• Advertising programs through local community resources.
• Conducting registrations, delivering programs and keeping accurate records as needed.
• Assisting with the execution of outreach opportunities, including the planning, design and fabrication of an educational toolkit.
• Attending to the public remotely and/or in person when required.
• Assisting with planning and executing special events throughout the year.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Enjoy working with children.
• Confidence maintaining the attention of exuberant groups of kids.
• Ability to improvise and creatively problem solve.
• Demonstrated ability to organize information and prioritize tasks and projects.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as with others.
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite an asset
• Must be aged 15 to 30 years to apply;
• Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 2;
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations;
• Must pass a criminal record background check.
Term of Employment:
• 30 hours per week for 10 weeks, beginning June 23 through August 28, 2021; part-time work negotiable.
• Regular Hours: Wednesday-Saturday; 9:00am-4:30pm with some occasional work required outside of these hours.
• This position is subject to the receipt of funding through the Canada Summer Jobs Grant program.
• Rate of Pay: $17.00 per hour.
Please submit resumé and cover letter by Friday, June 11th to Courtney Miller, Acting Manager, in person (by appointment) or via email at email@example.com.
Thank you to all applicants, however, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.